- Is your diet missing functional foods? What are functional foods and nutraceuticals? Functional foods are foods that are beneficial beyond the nutrients and energy they provide us. Many fruits, vegetables, legumes and fortified foods are often also considered functional foods because they can add additional health benefits (beyond meeting our energy and nutrient requirements). The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics defines […]by Valentina Duong Jun 02
- Coles PerForm vs Core Powerfoods As a performance dietitian, I can confirm that frozen meals are a great back-up plan for myself and many of my athletes. They can be a healthy, convenient way to meet your protein and energy needs. I was very excited when Coles announced the release of its very own healthy, frozen meals called “Coles PerForm”. […]by Valentina Duong May 27
- Intuitive Eating: A Beginner’s Guide What is Intuitive Eating? Intuitive Eating is a holistic health approach that focuses on tuning into your body to meet its psychological and emotional needs. It is completely weight neutral and takes an anti-diet approach to food. This means that health takes priority over how much you weigh. Many of us (health professionals included) have […]by Valentina Duong May 11
- Low FODMAP Diet: A Dietitian’s Review What is the Low FODMAP diet? The low FODMAP diet was designed to address Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It is often used to minimise symptoms in Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) but is used in conjunction with antibiotics as antibiotics is the first line of treatment for SIBO. It is a 3 phase diet that […]by Valentina Duong May 04
- The Volumetrics Diet : A Dietitian’s Review For Weight Loss And Overall health What is the volumetrics diet? It’s a diet based on the principle of volume eating in which you can eat more food and still lose weight. Volume eating focuses upon eating “low energy density” foods that are lower in calories per gram. This helps reduce the hunger that individuals experience during a dieting phase. These […]by Valentina Duong May 03
- The Many Benefits Of Dark Chocolate Shockingly, chocolate has been proven to carry a multitude of fantastic health benefits, however, this doesn’t mean we can run off and fill our shopping carts to the brim with chocolates, but it does mean that we can treat ourselves to a cheeky chocolate bar every now and then without feeling too guilty. Nutritious Dark […]by Georgia Marr Apr 20
- The Five Best Ways To Justify Those Easter Calories Although it’s important we get back to eating healthy, this doesn’t mean we have to chuck out or donate the left-over chocolate we’ve accumulated over the long weekend. Eating chocolate doesn’t have to be bad, as long as you’re eating it in reasonable quantities, and you balance out your diet and health regime to make […]by Georgia Marr Apr 07
- Here Are The Top New Meal Providers You Should Check Out In March 2021 2021 is here and with it, plenty of new meal providers just waiting to sort you out with the freshest and healthiest food in Australia. With so many great providers on hand, it can be difficult to pick the right provider for you, so we have gone ahead and done a round-up of 12 new […]by Georgia Marr Mar 01
- 5 Healthy Habits We Should Pick Up After 25 According to recent reports and advice from nutritionists, the below list of health tips are some of the most important and helpful habits to adopt after the age of 25. For those of us who are terrible at sticking to routines, these tips are super easy to remember and include in your new and improved […]by Georgia Marr Dec 21
Our Editor’s pick
- 🥘 Is Marley Spoon Macro Friendly And Worth The Cost?
- ⚖️ The Best Protein Powders for Women 2020
- 🥨 My Top 5 Healthy Snacks From iHerb And How To Tell If They’re Actually Healthy
- 👪 Nutritionist Review: HelloFresh For Families
- 🌿 What’s The Difference Between Plant-Based, Vegetarian And Vegan?
- 📊 Macro Comparison: Every Meal From Australia’s Most Popular Providers
- 🌿 10 of the best plant-based protein powders on the Australian market today!