The Best Weight Loss Meal Deliveries In Australia
Losing weight is simpler with the right meal delivery service, so we’ve compiled a list of Australia’s best weight loss meal delivery services. We’ve researched and shortlisted the best weight loss meal plans to help you find the perfect fit for your weight loss journey.
🍴Best Weight Loss Meal Delivery Services
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, WA
- Cost: $9.30/serve
- Why It Made the List: My Muscle Chef offers a Calorie Control plan with balanced, nutrient-rich, low-kilojoule meals. This plan supports weight loss with macronutrient-balanced, portion-controlled meals that are low in calories, sugar, carbs, and fats. The plan includes a variety of meal options and allows for customisation according to personal health and nutrition goals.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, WA
- Cost: $7.95/serve
- Why It Made the List: Be Fit Food stands out as a top weight loss meal delivery service with its dietitian-approved, science-backed meals. Focused on the ketogenic approach, these low-carb, calorie-controlled meals are rich in nutrients. They offer Rapid Weight Loss, Gradual Weight Loss, and Maintenance programs. The Be Rapid program, a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD), targets mild nutritional ketosis, providing 800-900 calories and 40-70g of carbs daily. This strategy encourages the body to burn fat over carbs, leading to fast weight loss.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA
- Cost: $9.40/serve
- Why It Made the List: Macros brings you meal plans perfect for weight loss, featuring 300g meals each under 350 calories. It’s a straightforward approach to shedding extra kilos. Need meals that match your dietary needs? Their handy filter tool lets you pick just what you need. Plus, all meals are free from nasties like preservatives. You can also track your calorie count easily on MyFitnessPal.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, TAS, WA
- Cost: $13.00/serve
- Why It Made the List: A Life Plus is the gold standard for keto providers which are inherently low carb and good for weight loss. When ordering, you can even choose between standard or organic ingredients, and they cater to vegetarian eaters on a weight loss diet too. You can choose a 3, 5 or 7 lunch and dinner keto meal plan, or order keto pizzas off the menu. A Life Plus meal plans are 100% keto compliant and will have a ratio of fat: 70-80%, protein: 15-25%, and carbs: 5%.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA
- Cost: $12.70/serve
- Why It Made the List: Workout Meals specializes in meal packs for the health-conscious and busy folks, with a focus on weight loss. They tailor meal plans based on your age and activity level. Sourcing high-quality ingredients from Australia and New Zealand, including their farm in NSW, they craft meals perfect for any fitness journey, delivered to over 3,000 locations in Australia.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, TAS
- Cost: $9.95/serve
- Why It Made the List: Chefgood ranks high among Australia’s weight loss meal providers, offering a ‘Slim & Trim’ plan with meals under 350 calories. Choose from 5 to 14 meals weekly, without personalization based on age or activity level. They use fresh, seasonal ingredients from local farmers for a weekly menu, ensuring variety. While customisation is limited, dietary needs are well-catered for with clear labelling.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, SA, TAS
- Cost: $14.95/serve
- Why It Made the List: Garden of Vegan provides 100% organic, whole-food, gluten and oil-free, fully vegan meals. Their Weight Loss Meal Plan is designed to meet daily nutrient requirements while restricting calories for effective weight loss. The meals are under 450 calories, low in fat and sodium, and you can choose between a 5 or 7-day plan. The meals are nutrient-dense, tasty, and filling, delivered fresh.
- Delivery: NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, NT, SA, WA, TAS
- Cost: $9.95/serve
- Why It Made the List: Youfoodz offers a meal plan subscription model with meals under 400 calories and snacks under 175 calories. The Weight Loss Bundle includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, with most meals in the clean range under 300 calories. This plan supports weight loss with dietitian-approved, ready-made meals that are fresh, not frozen.
How We Made This List Weight Loss Meal Plan List
We based our list on the following criteria:
- 📍Delivery Areas: Where in Australia do they deliver?
- 💰 Meal Price: Average cost per meal?
- ✅ Customisation: Can you make changes or request allergy-friendly options?
Notable Weight Loss Meal Plan Mentions
Not a meal provider, but Noom is an excellent diet guide that can help you lose weight safely and healthily. You fill out a quiz with questions like how many kilograms you want to lose, health issues, and activity level, and also answer questions like how closely you relate to statements like “I’ve been able to eat healthier or exercise for a week or two but then I fall back to my old habits.”
Weight Loss Shakes
Looking for the best meal replacement or weight loss shakes? These can be a great weight to control your calories throughout the day by replacing your breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
These are often formulated to provide a good amount of protein, carbs, fibre, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Essentially, they are said to give you the energy and nutrients you need in lower-calorie portions.
Read more: Best Meal Replacement Shakes
Does Meal Planning Work for Weight Loss?
Absolutely – it’s the best road to weight loss. Weight loss comes down to one principle: calories in vs calories out. By planning your meals and knowing the calorie content of what you’re eating, you’ll be able to stick to a calorie deficit with a lot more ease.
You’re also less likely to grab something on the go (which often ends up being high-calorie or not so great for you). It’s also a smart way to keep your portions in check and make sure you’re getting a good mix of all the nutrients you need.
What Diet Plan is Best to Lose Weight?
The best diet plan to lose weight is the one you’re able to stick to. It’s not one-size-fits-all. But, a good rule of thumb is to stick with a diet that’s packed with fruits and veggies, has enough protein (think lean meats or plant-based options), and includes whole grains.
For some, a keto diet is an effective way to lose weight. Others enjoy intermittent fasting. It boils down to what you’re able to stick to long-term. It could even be fasting for one whole day a week, and then still eating your maintenance calories for the rest of the week so you don’t feel deprived of food every day. Play around with different methods and find the one you enjoy the most.
What Meals Should You Eat When Trying to Lose Weight?
When it comes to what to eat, think simple and balanced. A plate with some lean protein (like chicken or fish), a bunch of veggies (the more colourful, the better), and a side of grains or legumes is a great start. Salads with a bit of protein and healthy fats (like avocado or nuts) are also a winner.
The key? Keep it varied and enjoyable so you don’t get bored and tempted by the not-so-healthy stuff. But remember that it’s also okay to eat the “not-so-healthy” stuff every so often – in fact, it’s probably better than avoiding it altogether, which may lead to a binging episode. Eat the foods you enjoy, but in moderation and within your calorie deficit.
Is it Safe to Lose 5kg in 7 Days?
Wanting to drop 5kg in a week sounds tempting, but it’s a bit like running a marathon without training – not the best idea. Losing weight that quickly can be rough on your body, and more often than not, you might just end up gaining it back. Slow and steady not only wins the race but also is kinder to your body. Aiming for a weight loss of around 0.5 to 1kg a week is more realistic and healthier in the long run (studies say so!)
Remember, it’s all about making sustainable changes that you can stick with long-term. And don’t forget to pat yourself on the back along the way – every small step counts!
How Do You Lose Weight?
If you listen to science, losing weight is as simple as calories in versus calories out. However, it’s certainly more nuanced than that depending on your individual health and goals. For the sake of a quick answer, however, I’m going to talk about losing weight based on the golden rule of calories consumed versus calories burned.
When it comes to weight loss, diet is one of the most important factors. Losing weight through dieting is based on the science that anyone eating fewer calories than they are burning off during the day is going to shed some kilograms. However, it’s not just calories in versus calories burned off.
You can speed up the weight loss process by eating a low carb, high protein diet. A low carb diet is a way to minimise the amount of fat your body stores, while protein is harder to break down, so your body uses more energy to convert the protein into a form your body can use for energy. A low carb meal might look like two poached eggs with lean greens, a chicken salad (hold the croutons!), or fish and steamed vegetables.
Will I Lose Weight By Lowering My Daily Calories?
The weight loss meals from the above providers are all based on consuming a lower amount of calories throughout the day. However, how many calories you need to consume in a day to lose weight depends on your height, weight and activity level.
Each person needs a different number of calories per day to either stay at the same weight, lose weight, or gain weight. To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than your body is expanding through exercise and daily movement.
What’s the Difference Between Keto, Low-Carb & Low-Calorie?
When shopping for a weight loss delivery service, there is something to take note of and that’s the fact that keto, low-carb and low-calorie aren’t necessarily the same thing.
Calorie counting involves applying the principle of “calories in, calories out”, as we just discussed. Carbohydrate counting is an eating method that involves counting the number of carbohydrates you eat each day. Carbohydrates (think bread, pasta, potato – basically every food has carbs – but some have more than others). By eating low-carb, you’ll ideally be eating in a way that promotes weight loss. The standard definition of low carb is less than 20g of carbs per meal, but it will differ from person to person depending on age, weight, goals and so on.
Now, the biggest difference between keto and low-carb is that a keto diet is much higher in fat and lower in carbs than the average low-carb diet. The Harvard School of Health suggests the macronutrient ratio on a keto diet is:
- 70-80% fat
- 5-10% carbohydrate
- 10-20% protein
A low carb diet is less restrictive than a keto diet, with carbohydrates making up approximately 20% of the diet.
By following a low-carb, low-cal or keto diet you’re bound to lose weight, but it’s a very individual process and one diet might work better for you. It might be a case of trial and error to find the right fit.
How to Choose the Right Weight Loss Plan?
With countless meal delivery providers out there, how do you decide the right one for you? There are a few things to look at, such as calories, macro split, how many meals per subscription and the volume of the meals.
Most meal providers with weight loss plans have a similar number of calories per meal – around 350. However, the macro breakdown might be different – some might have more fat and less carbs, more protein than fat and so on. It’s a good idea to look at the macro breakdown and see what suits you best.
Meals per subscription is another factor to consider. Most weight loss plans will come with lunch and dinner, but some are just dinner. Price will also typically vary based on how many meals you order. You should consider the value versus convenience. The volume of meals is another important factor. Some meals are 250g while others can be up to 400g. However, just because a meal is 400g doesn’t mean it’s going to be higher in calories. It might just have more veggies and protein and fill you up more than a 250g meal that costs the same.
Will Weight Loss Meals Delivered Help Me Lose Weight?
If you want to lose weight, a meal delivery service weight loss plan can be an excellent way to help you lose weight and keep it off. Meal provider plans work for a number of reasons, largely because it’s designed by a team of nutritionists who understand the science behind losing weight and how to construct low-calorie meals.
And, when using a meal delivery service, you’re more likely to stick with the diet because the meals are there and waiting for you in your fridge. There’s no planning, shopping or cooking needed to be done – making it a very sustainable and simple way to lose weight.
How Long Do You Need to Eat Low Calorie to Lose Weight?
Looking at the plans most meal providers put you on, anywhere from 4-6 weeks and you’ll start noticing changes.
Can You Eat Your Own Meals When Using a Meal Provider?
Depending on the meal provider you choose, you can certainly eat your own home-cooked foods and snacks while using a meal delivery service. Typically, you can choose how many meals you want to buy per week, and many people will buy lunches and dinners ready-made but cook their own breakfast for example.
Are Weight Loss Meals Smaller Portions?
Not necessarily! While the energy density (i.e. the calories) of the meal is smaller, the volume of food doesn’t always decrease to meet calorie requirements. Foods like vegetables and proteins are naturally lower in calories meaning you can eat a lot of them and still be eating in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
Does HelloFresh Have a Weight Loss Plan?
HelloFresh is a highly popular meal delivery kit service in Australia and while they don’t offer a “weight loss” meal kit per se, they do have a Calorie Smart menu you can choose your meals from. All meals have a max of 30g carbs and no more than 650 calories (which when comparing it to other weight loss meals from other providers is almost double the calories).
How Long Does it Take to Receive Weight Loss Meals Delivered to Your Door?
Again, it depends on the provider you choose. Some offer delivery as fast as the next day, while others run on weekly schedules. It can be tricky if you miss the cut-off by a day, and then you have to wait a week to get your first delivery. It’s important to figure out the delivery schedule and if it suits your needs before you place an order.
Things to Consider Before Starting A Weight-Loss/Low-Calorie Diet
Losing weight is a personal thing. How much you have to lose and how quickly you can safely lose it is based on your individual needs. And, eating in a new way may cause some initial side effects while your body adapts. Typically when start eating a low-calorie diet, you might experience the following:
🧠 Poor energy and mental function
😋 Increased or decreased hunger
😴 Sleep issues
💪 Decreased exercise performance
There are some people who shouldn’t eat a low-calorie diet full stop, such. As with any new diet, it’s important to talk to your doctor before starting.
What’s the Best Weight-Loss Meal Delivery Service in Australia?
At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference, budget, and other dietary requirements. Any meal delivery service with lots of good reviews will give you great peace of mind, but it’s also worth trying and testing a range of providers to find the best one for you.
However, we think My Muscle Chef is one of the best weight loss meal providers because they offer a range of meals at an excellent price point, and delivery is fast and wide across Australia.