|Happy Way Whey Protein||121||21.2g||1.8g||1.5g||3.5g||1.8g||55mg|
|EHP Labs IsoPept Zero||110||25g||0.5g||0g||2g||0g||180mg|
|Women’s Best Fit Pro Whey Protein||112||21.3g||1.2g||0.7g||0.8g||0.8g||240mg|
|Maxine’s Burn Protein||100||21.3g||0.7g||0.4g||1g||0.7g||95mg|
|Macro Mike Plant Based Protein||151||25.1g||3.98g||0.96g||3.6g||2.76g||138.35mg|
|Botanika Blends Plant Protein||148||24.1g||3.1g||1.4g||6.8g||1.5g||306mg|
|Ultimate Plant Protein by b Raw||157||30g||2.5g||0.9g||3.1g||0.4g||236mg|
|Nutra Organics – Vegan Collagen Glow||125||13.8||3.35g||<1g||8.6g||4.3g||7mg|
Working in the supplement industry, I have plenty of insights into some of the best products out there. Here are some of the best and most popular protein powders for women in 2023, so you can see what’s available today. Whether you need a whey protein or a plant-based option, you’ll find some long-standing favourites here, as well as a couple of newer additions.
Best Whey Protein for Women 🐄
Happy Way Whey Protein
Happy Way Whey Protein, an Australian brand, has gained popularity for its clean protein profile and digestive support ingredients. It’s a favorite among many due to its high protein content and unique flavors like ‘Vanilla Ice Ice Baby Whey’.
EHP Labs IsoPept Zero
EHP Labs IsoPept Zero is known for its quality and excellent digestibility. It’s low in carbohydrates and fats, making it an ideal choice for those on a lean muscle building or shredding journey. Flavors like Chocolate Decadence and Choc Peanut Butter are particularly popular.
Women’s Best Fit Pro Whey Protein
Women’s Best Fit Pro Whey Protein is celebrated for its high protein content and low calorie count. Favoured for keeping consumers full and its taste, this product offers great value and is particularly popular among women looking to gain muscle or lose body fat.
Maxine’s Burn Protein
Maxine’s Burn Protein is a long-standing favourite, especially with women over 35. It’s low in carbohydrates and fats, and is priced competitively. Although it includes ‘fat-burning’ ingredients, they may not be in clinical doses.
Best Plant-Based Protein for Women 🌱
Macro Mike Plant Based Protein
Macro Mike Plant Based Protein is known for its thick and creamy texture, derived primarily from almond protein. It’s a favorite for its taste and variety, although it’s not suitable for those with nut allergies.
Botanika Blends Plant Protein
This plant-based protein is known for its creative flavours and added health benefits, including digestive enzymes and probiotics. However, it has a lower protein percentage compared to others and is higher in carbohydrates.
Ultimate Plant Protein by b Raw
Notable for its superfood blend, this protein is a great option for added nutrients. It’s organic, has almost no sugar, and is suitable for those looking for a ‘cleaner’ lifestyle, though it has fewer flavor options.
Nutra Organics – Vegan Collagen Glow
Nutra Organics focuses on beauty nutrition, with added nutrients for skin, hair, and nails. It’s extremely low in sodium but is higher in cost compared to other proteins and may not be as appealing in taste.
What is Protein Powder? 💪🏻
Protein powder is a dietary supplement that provides a concentrated source of protein. It’s often derived from various sources like whey, casein (both from milk), soy, pea, or rice. Protein powders are popular among athletes, bodybuilders, and those looking to supplement their protein intake for various health and fitness goals. They’re convenient, can be easily added to shakes, smoothies, or food, and come in various flavors. They’re beneficial for muscle building, recovery after workouts, and can also be used as a dietary aid to increase protein intake in a balanced diet.
How to Add Protein Powder to Your Diet 🤌🏻
Adding protein powder to your diet is super easy and can be done in various delicious and convenient ways:
- Smoothies: Blend protein powder with fruits, vegetables, milk, or water for a nutritious smoothie.
- Shakes: Mix it with water or milk for a quick protein shake.
- Baking: Incorporate protein powder into recipes like pancakes, muffins, or bread for a protein boost.
- Meals: Add to oatmeal, yogurt, or soups.
- Snacks: Make protein bars or energy balls.
Which Protein Powder is the Right One for You? 🙋🏼♀️
Starting with a protein powder is simple: pick one and see how it feels. If it agrees with your stomach and you like the taste, that’s a great sign! Remember, whether your goal is building muscle or losing weight, these protein powders can be a tasty and convenient addition to a healthy lifestyle. It’s all about finding the one that works best for you
Best Women’s Protein Powder FAQs
What is the best whey protein powder for women?
One of the best whey protein powders for women is the Happy Way Whey Protein. This Australian-owned product is appreciated for its clean protein profile and digestive support ingredients. It’s popular for its high protein content and includes unique flavors like ‘Vanilla Ice Ice Baby Whey’.
When should women drink protein shakes for weight loss?
For weight loss, women can drink protein shakes at these times:
- Post-Workout: Helps in muscle recovery and keeps you full, reducing the likelihood of overeating later.
- As a Meal Replacement: Substitute for one meal a day. Ensure the shake is nutritionally balanced.
- For Breakfast: A protein shake in the morning can kickstart your metabolism and keep you satisfied, reducing cravings.
- Before Bed: A slow-digesting protein like casein can help reduce late-night snacking and keep you full.
It’s important to integrate protein shakes into a balanced diet and not solely rely on them for nutrition. Consulting a healthcare professional or a dietitian is advisable for a personalised approach
What protein is good for weight loss for women?
For weight loss, women often benefit from protein types that are low in calories and fats but high in protein. Some good options include:
- Whey Protein: Fast-absorbing, helps in muscle recovery and satiety.
- Casein Protein: Slow-digesting, keeps you full for longer periods.
- Plant-Based Proteins (like pea or hemp): Great for those who prefer non-dairy or vegan options.
- Isolate Proteins: Usually have lower fat and carbohydrate content.
Is protein powder safe to have daily?
Protein powder is generally safe to consume daily as part of a balanced diet. However, it’s important to:
- Stay within Recommended Intake: Consuming too much protein can strain the kidneys over time, especially in individuals with pre-existing kidney conditions.
- Quality of Product: Choose high-quality protein powders without excessive additives or contaminants.
- Dietary Balance: Protein powder should supplement a diet that includes a variety of other protein sources and nutrients.
- Health Conditions: If you have specific health concerns or dietary needs, consult a healthcare professional before adding protein powder to your daily routine.