Vietnamese Meatballs with Asian Slaw by Chelsea Goodwin
Calculated automatically based on ingredients
- 600 g pork mince
- Vegetable oil (or other flavourless oil) for cooking
- 1 1/2 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 Tbs brown or caster sugar
- 1/4 Cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 Tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tsp caster sugar
- 1 Small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbs fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped (optional)
Mix all of the ingredients (except the cooking oil) together in a large bowl. Mix it well for a couple of minutes and don't be afraid to use your hands for this
Roll the mixture into meatballs. You can keep them as a round, ball shape or flatten them down a little. Pop them in the fridge for 30+ mins if time permits and remove when ready to cook.
Heat oil in a large frypan or grillpan over medium high heat. Cook meatballs, turning until browned all over and cooked through. Cook in batches if necessary.
Serve in a bowl with steamed rice and salad.