Thai Chicken Panang Curry by Chelsea Goodwin
Calculated automatically based on ingredients
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Can Maesri Red panang curry paste
- 1 Tbs peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1-2 x 400ml Cans coconut cream
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 2-3 Tbs brown sugar (can use white)
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/3 Bunch coriander- stems finely chopped, leaves for garnish
- 500g Chicken breast or thigh, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 Cup veggies, sliced & diced
- Lime, chilli and coriander for garnish (optional)
Heat oil over medium high heat in large wok or frypan then add in paste and peanut butter, Stir for 2 minutes.
Add 1/2 can of coconut cream to paste mixture and cook, stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the rest of the coconut cream then add fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chopped coriander stems (if using) and bring to a gentle boil.
Add chicken and any slower cooking vegetables, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add in quick cooking veggies and simmer for another few minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking. Taste to check spice level and add more coconut cream for a milder curry. Add additional lime juice, sugar or fish sauce if you think the flavours need adjusting.
Garnish with coriander leaves, chilli or lime wedges- serve with rice.