Meal Prep Mondays’ Guide to Prepping 7 Chicken Meals Under 460 CaloriesUPDATED ON Sep 13, 2022
Want to know how to prep 7 meals that are under 460 calories each and can be prepped in less than an hour?
Sure you do! And this popular YouTube channel has the answer.
What was once Fit Couple Cooks run by Aussie duo Stephanie Tornatore and Adam Bannon is now Meal Prep Mondays and run by a new guy called Nick (his last name? No one knows – or at least I don’t).
Stepahine and Adam amassed a huge following, and Nick has continued the popularity of the channel with 631,000 subscribers (as of Sep 2022). This video comes from before when Adam and Stephanie were still running the show and with 14M+ views… safe to say it’s been a hit with the channel’s fans.
This is Adam’s guide to prepping 7 chicken, broccoli and rice meals that are under 460 calories per serve. The video mentions it’s $3.50 per serve, but to account for inflation, we’d say you’re looking at closer to $5.00 per serve.
The price, however, will depend on where you get your ingredients from at the time of purchase.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pot
- 2 pans
- Measuring cup
- 2 cups brown rice
- Coconut Oil
- 980g chicken (approx 6-7 pieces)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2-3 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- assorted spices of your choice
- Cook 2.5 cups of brown rice in 3.5 cups of water with a tbsp of coconut oil.
- While rice is cooking, prep chicken by cutting each breast into four diagonal slices.
- Make marinade with garlic and lemonade. Add to cut-up chicken strips with some salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 3 mins on each side.
- Chop broccoli head and add to pot of water to boil.
- Plate up meals into seven separate containers and add greek yoghurt with assorted spices.
Macros per container:
- Protein: 42g
- Carbs: 32g
- Fibre: 4g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 18g
- Calories: 458kcal
Tips for storing
If you are going to eat more than one a day, all can stay in the fridge.
If you are ONLY eating one a day with your other meals, you have options.
- Cut the recipe in half, or
- Put 4 meals in the freezer and 3 meals in the fridge.
- Take one out the night before and keep in the fridge to thaw.
- Store the yogurt sauce in the fridge and add on after you’ve reheated.
Watch Original Video
Watch the original video including step-by-step instructions here: