15 Keto Breads You Can Buy in Australia That Are Low-Carb
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “bread”? Carbs? We don’t blame you. Bread is a high-carbohydrate food, after all.
But what if you’re planning to go on a ketogenic diet? Does this mean that sandwiches, burritos, and pizzas are now off-limits? Fortunately, the answer is no. Huge sigh of relief!
So fret not, as these days you can easily buy keto-friendly, low-carb bread in Australia. We’ve rounded up some off-the-shelf products in a handy list below to help you get started on your keto journey.
|Alpine Breads Low Carb||Bread||Coles|
|Bakers Life 85% Lower Carb Higher Protein Bread||Bread||Aldi|
|Bakers Life Lower Carb High Protein Buns||Bread||Aldi|
|Macro Linseed & Sunflower Seeded Bread||Bread||Woolworths|
|Macro Linseed & Sunflower Bread Rolls||Bread||Woolworths|
|Vitality Bakehouse Homestyle Low Carb Loaf||Bread||Coles|
|Feeling OK Grissino||Bread||YoKeto|
|Feeling OK Focaccella||Bread||Skysies Cakes|
|Empower Power Wrap||Wrap||Empower Foods|
|Feeling OK Piada||Wrap||Skysies Cakes|
|NUCO Coconut Cassava Wraps||Wrap||iHerb|
|PBCo. Protein Bread Mix||Mix||PBCo.|
|PBCo. 6 Seeds Protein Bread Mix||Mix||PBCo.|
|The Real Food Pantry Asian Tandoori Keto Wrap Premix||Mix||YoKeto|
|The Real Food Pantry Keto Pizza Base Mix||Mix||YoKeto|
1. Alpine Breads Low CarbWith 78 percent less carbs than the Heart Wholemeal variant, Alpine’s Low Carb bread lets you enjoy 7.2g of carbs per 2 slices. Where to buy: Alpine Breads, Coles, Woolworths
2. Bakers Life 85% Lower Carb Higher Protein BreadPraised by dietitians, this low-carb bread by ALDI’s Bakers Life brand contains 5g of carbs per 2 slices. It’s also high in healthy fats, with only 1.8g out of 13.9g of total fat being saturated. Where to buy: ALDI
3. Bakers Life Lower Carb High Protein BunsFor keto-friendly burgers, try these low-carb buns from Bakers Life. Each bun has 7.7g of carbs, which is just 18% of total calories. Where to buy: ALDI
4. Macro Linseed & Sunflower Seeded BreadIf you’re looking to spice up your morning toast, check out this mixed grain bread, which has 4.5g of carbs per 100g. Where to buy: Woolworths
5. Macro Linseed & Sunflower Bread RollsHigh in protein and fibre but low in carbs, these rolls contain 4.5g of carbs per 100g, which is 85% less than standard mixed grain breads. Where to buy: Woolworths
6. Vitality Bakehouse Homestyle Low Carb LoafWith just 3.1g of carbs per 2 slices, Vitality Bakehouse’s homestyle loaf lets you enjoy a low-carb sandwich whenever you please. Where to buy: Coles
7. Feeling OK GrissinoThese Italian breadsticks have only 4g of carbs per serve and come in 4 flavours: plain, rosemary, oregano, and sesame. Where to buy: YoKeto
8. Feeling OK FocaccellaA soft focaccia with 86% less carbohydrates, Feeling OK Focaccella contains 6.4g of carbs per 80g. Where to buy: Skysies Cakes
9. Empower Power WrapThe lowest-carb wrap available on the market, each Empower wrap contains only 1.8g of carbs. Where to buy: Empower Foods, health food stores
10. Feeling OK PiadaThis pre-cooked Italian flatbread from Feeling OK lets you make your own low-carb piada wraps at home. Each serve contains 4g of carbs. Where to buy: Skysies Cakes
11. NUCO Coconut Cassava WrapsWhether you fill them with ingredients or eat them plain, NUCO Coconut Cassava Wraps are a low-carb treat at just 6g of carbs per piece. Where to buy: iHerb, YoKeto, health food stores
12. PBCo. Protein Bread MixIt’s gluten-free, keto-friendly, and each slice contains 1.1g of carbs. Plus, each pack makes a loaf of 20 slices that you can store in the freezer or fridge until consumption! Where to buy: PBCo.
13. PBCo. 6 Seeds Protein Bread MixLow-carb, gluten-free, and freshly-baked bread packed with 6 different kinds of seeds and nutritional goodness, all from the comfort of your home. One slice contains just 1.3g of carbs! Where to buy: PBCo.
14. The Real Food Pantry Asian Tandoori Keto Wrap PremixAdd a twist to your wraps with this Tandoori-flavoured premix from The Real Food Pantry. The best part? Each wrap contains only 0.2g of carbs! Where to buy: YoKeto
15. The Real Food Pantry Keto Pizza Base MixPizza night, anyone? Each pack of this keto pizza base mix makes a small base which contains just 4g of carbs, so you can have it all to yourself! Where to buy: YoKeto
5 Low-Carb Flour Substitutes
Wheat flour, whether whole or white, is high in carbohydrates and should therefore be avoided on a keto diet. For keto baking and cooking, you’ll want to have the following low-carb alternatives in your pantry:
Made from finely ground, blanched almonds, almond flour is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make breads, cakes, cookies, and more.
Brands: Wellness Road, Coco Earth, Bob’s Red Mill, The Source Bulk Foods
Coconut flour has a lighter texture and absorbs a lot of liquid, thus making it an ideal choice if you’re looking to achieve a flaky texture.
Brands: McKenzie’s, Niulife, Coco Earth, The Source Bulk Foods
Also known as ground flaxseeds, flax meal is not only a keto flour substitute but it can also replace eggs in some recipes. Try making flaxseed crackers for a healthy, low-carb snack.
Brands: Bob’s Red Mill, Macro, Wellness Road
Use psyllium husk to add volume and bind together ingredients in your keto baking.
Brands: The Source Bulk Foods, Macro, Lotus, Wellness Road
Keto- and diabetic-friendly, walnut flour can be used to make pancakes, breads, and muffins. It can also be used as a breading thanks to its texture.
Brands: The Artisan Flour Mill