MealPrep are looking for passionate writers that can provide our readers with informative and entertaining stories about health and fitness. Please follow our guidelines below then send your submission to our editor — we look forward to reading it!
Areas of interest
We look for articles that are empowering, informative and entertaining. In particular, we welcome stories on the following themes:
- Losing weight
- Building muscle
- Product reviews
- Overcoming injuries
Editorial policy and style guidelines
When writing a submission for us to consider, please consider the following:
- Personalise where you can by talking to “you” as you would in a conversation. Try to avoid talking about “we”, “us” and “our”. Be mindful of your legal position regarding the laws applying to libel, slander and defamation, as MealPrep has a disclaimer that reverts to the author.
- Make the reader an offer. What benefit will they gain by getting beyond the headline and first paragraph? Can they relate?
- Write what you know about from personal experience or research. If you are making a technical or health claim or referring to research, please provide full references.
- Provide a brief bio (two or three sentences) describing yourself, your qualifications and your current professional status. You may include brief contact details if you wish.
- Free of spelling and common grammatical errors.
- There is no minimum word length as long as the content is clear and comprehensive.
- Any images used should be your own – we prefer not to use stock photos
- MealPrep reserves the right to edit all material accepted for publication.
Research and referencing
When writing a submission for us to consider, please bear in mind the following:
- If you are conducting research on the internet always ensure your sources (online and otherwise) are reputable and accurate.
- Ensure that you consult sources first hand. Please do not cite a second-hand reference without having consulted the original source.
- Be mindful of plagiarism. To avoid the risk of plagiarising, acknowledge all your sources with full references and use quotation marks when transcribing material verbatim.
A submission must be your own original, unpublished work.
Payment depends on the topic however it generally operates on $50 per 500 words
Ready to submit?
- Email your submission as a Word file or Google Docs link to [email protected].
- Include a bio of 120 words or less detailing your experience with links to your website, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn that contains a headshot or photo of yourself to use if/when we publish your story online.
- Submission of images is not essential but preferred. Label all images with a brief descriptive caption and the photographer’s name.